DENVER BROWNS AFFILIATE
THE MILE HIGH
THE MILE HIGH GREEN ELEPHANTS aka "THE DENVER GREEN"
were named in tribute to the Denver White Elephants
a highly competitive semi-professional negro ball club who famously wore the colors green and white and competed in the Denver Post Tournament. The Denver White Elephants flourished from 1915-35, owned by A.H.W. Ross, a black businessman (Five Points' Rossonian Hotel was named after him.)